Lance Valves Industrial Catalog Web Design
We designed and developed this new website for Lance Valves, an industrial ball valve manufacturer who’s been in business for over 40 years. We replaced their old html site (which had been around for nearly a decade) with this highly functional and feature-rich CMS website.
Unlike other web sites in their market that are limited to finite list of individual products, Lance’s online catalog allows customers to configure their own product based on available options and selections to create their own product. Through this process, there are over 200,000 possible product configurations.
The website is designed to be fully responsive so as to work on all media, including desktops, tablets and smart phones – all without losing any of the features or functions. This ensures all users on any device have the same great experience using the site.
Web Design Features and Functionality
By considering all aspects of the user experience, we implemented a number of features into this completely custom-developed WordPress website to maximize its functionality. Some of these features include:
- A robust set of selectable product options allowing Lance’s customers to configure their own product code based on available options and selections.
- Final configured product code is auto-filled in a contact form, then filled out by the customer to receive a price quote.
- A “sticky” top menu used throughout the site design, keeping the main navigation locked to the top of the page in a convenient place.
- The “Valve Builder” drop down, providing users a readily-available search field found throughout the site.
- A “Find a Distributor” expandable search, locked to the bottom of the browser window.
- A homepage “what’s new” slider, showcasing latest products, information and news.
- FEATURED: This site was featured in the “Industrial” collection on Web Design Inspiration
- AWARD WINNER: This site won a 2016 Silver ADDY for Digital Creative Technology Responsive Design